gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: FriCAS and gcl-2.7.0

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: FriCAS and gcl-2.7.0
Date: 15 Jan 2008 12:10:36 -0500

Greetings, and thanks so much for the feedback!

The standard way to debug this is to compile gcl with --enable-debug
and run under gdb, 'watch'ing for changes to the address listed.  I'd
be happy to look at this, as it is likely more efficient than
explaining how to do it.

However, I cannot seem to get the ./configure to see gclcvs if both
this and gcl are installed.  (Tried ln -s /usr/bin/gclcvs ./gcl;export
PATH=$(pwd):$PATH; ./configure --with-list=$(pwd)/gcl ....)  Always
picks up /usr/bin/gcl for me.

Likewise, it is likely more efficient to build at first with
si::*disable-recompile* set to t.  A special, experimental environment
for doing this automatically is supplied in the with-compilation-unit
standard macro.  Within this environment, compilation and loading
should proceed without recompilation until the end, at which point
recompilation of the original source files will be attempted (but not
reloaded, as this could be logically inequivalent.)

This is likely something simple, if as you report the problem is after
the first gc.

Take care,