gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Minor? problem making gcl-2.6.8pre on a Mac

From: Donald Winiecki
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Minor? problem making gcl-2.6.8pre on a Mac
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:02:28 -0700

This looks similar to what is happening in the Win32 build of 2.6.8pre
(no gcl.bat file created), though for some reason I'm not getting the
log file written when I run 'make,' so I can't confirm the error or
error location during the process (the 'install.lsp' file isn't being
loaded and this is what's stopping the 'gcl.bat' file from being created
during the Win32 build).

I can confirm that 'saved_gcl.exe' is created in the Win32 build (cltl1
version), so something else is happening with the Macintosh build when
it comes to that.

I'll look into why I'm not getting a make.log, and when I can get one
created I'll check for something similar to what Jeff is reporting.

_don winiecki

address@hidden wrote:
> Everything seemed to go well until:
> XLIB>pdflatex dwdoc.tex
> make[1]: pdflatex: Command not found
> make[1]: *** [dwdoc.pdf] Error 127
> make: *** [unixport/saved_gcl] Error 2

> I ended up with no "gcl" script in "bin", and
> no unixport/saved_gcl, though there is a unixport/saved_pre_gcl.

I just commented out the dependency to dwdoc.pdf.  Then the build
finishes and creates the expected binaries.  I don't know what is
missing (other than the pdf file) if you don't build dwdoc.pdf.

Unless dwdoc.pdf is really, really necessary, I think it would be
better
to separate the building of the executable from the building of the
pdf/documentation files.

Ray