gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] building gcl-2.6.8pre

From: Donald Winiecki
Subject: [Gcl-devel] building gcl-2.6.8pre
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:14:48 -0700

Hi Camm and *,

On the surface, the make of 2.6.8pre seems to go okay, but when I try
to create a Windows installer some problems appear.

The biggest is that I find the 'gcl.bat' file is never made and put
into the /bin subdirectory.  I can copy this file from my 2.6.7 build
and then making the Win32 installer works, but there are some
differences in the interface of the finished GCL-2.6.8pre.

In particular, when I intentionally ask GCL to evaluate an undefined
symbol, it just indicates a break and does not give me the usual option
for proceeding.  I can always get back to top-level with ':r' --and I
don't know if this is an intentional change in 2.6.8 or not, but this
seems to be not right.

Also, upon launching GCL it indicates the temporary directory for
compiler files.  This is not the case in Mike Thomas' 2.6.6 or my make
of 2.6.7, although I have seen this in reports made by others using
other operating systems in the gcl-devel listserv.

Here's what it looks like (this shows the CLTL1 build; the same happens
in the ANSI build):