gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [sr #106130] GLC 2.6.7 and later binaries for Windoze?

From: Donald Winiecki
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [sr #106130] GLC 2.6.7 and later binaries for Windoze?
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 16:44:37 -0700

Camm,

Just tinkering with the new Win32 build from the FTP site.  (The biggest trick was prowling mirrors for older GCC and BINUTILS to match what Mike Thomas was using in 2004.  (G'day Mike--I did my PhD in Australia.)

I still have some work to do to make a real Win32 installer, though I would like to clarify that the build possible from the following file will be the CLtL1 variant, and not the ANSI variant, correct?

 ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcl/gcl-2.6.7.tar.gz

Being unfamiliar with the CVS system, I'm not sure how to get to more recent files.  I'll have help from a more expert Linux guy (one of the CS faculty here) on 8 January, though if you could offer some direction on how I can get to the newer files on my Win32 system before then I'll be happy to get on it sooner.

Best wishes,

_don

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don Winiecki, Ed.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor
Boise State University, College of Engineering
Department of Instructional & Performance Technology

1910 University Drive, Boise, Idaho 83725-2070 USA
E-mail: address@hidden
WWW:
http://ipt.boisestate.edu
Telephone: (+01) 208 426 1899
Fax: (+01) 208 426 1970
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> Camm Maguire <address@hidden> 12/18/2007 8:14 AM >>>
Greetings!

Our peerless windows maintainer has retired for personal reasons.  I
have been offered a machine on which to construct these installers,
but have not yet familiarized myself with the process.  Would you be
interested in helping with the windows packaging?

In case you have access to a Linux development box, current packages
of bot the stable branch and the cvs head/experimental branch are
available in the Debian package repositories at regular intervals.

Take care,

--
Camm Maguire     address@hidden
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens."  --  Baha'u'llah