gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [open-axiom-devel] gcl-build from

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [open-axiom-devel] gcl-build from
Date: 23 Aug 2007 10:05:34 -0500

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

| Dear Gaby,
|
| I compiled gcl from open-axiom-1.0.x-dep. As you see, I run into the
| same problem that I had with axiom/build-improvements.
|
| Any help here, except that I again change my PATH variable?
|
| To remind you... there was a problem with installing the .el files from gcl.

Yes, I remember the problem.  I don't think we came up with a
solution to that issue yet.

Camm, GCL is built in the context of Axiom or OpenAxiom, only as an
intermediary tool.  GCL itself is never installed.  In particular, Axiom and
OpenAxiom users are not interested in the GCL's .el files.  Is there
a configure option to convince GCL NOT to attempt installing its .el files?

Thanks!

-- Gaby