gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: counting allocated bytes

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: counting allocated bytes
Date: 11 Jul 2007 17:08:51 -0400

Hello Camm,

Thank you for including this change!

[...]
> 2) The algorithm needs correcting when sgc is on -- is one interested
>    in the active read-write set, of the static read-only set here?

My understanding of stratified gc is that the read-only set is what
counts here, but I would need to delve into the details of GCL's
implementation before I could make a conclusive statement in this
regard.

To save you some typing, attached is a very terse patch against
si-defs.texi.  Not to sure what else one needs to say about this
function.

Thanks again,
Steve