gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] gcl 2.7.0 and "ready"

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] gcl 2.7.0 and "ready"
Date: 19 Jun 2007 23:39:17 -0400

Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to release in September.  What is really needed right now
> are testers which can understand and deal with some transient
> breakage, but still provide useful feedback as to the general
> direction and needs of the release.

Hello Camm,

I have been working as of late with the ansi build of gcl-2.6.8pre.
Without reservation, I must say I am impressed.  This is truly
excellent work!

I would be very happy to contribute to GCL, and in particular to its
advance towards ANSI compliance.

I have noticed several issues which I feel I could address, but do not
understand the priorities of the GCL team for purposes of releasing
2.7.0.  Could you provide a brief description of what you mean by
`general direction and needs of the release'?

Thanks,
Steve