gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: address@hidden: resuming]

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: address@hidden: resuming]
Date: 16 May 2007 11:08:51 -0400

Greetings!  Thanks Matt -- working on this and will let you know when
I have something to try.  In the meantime, I've committed to 2.6.8pre
support for continuing in the event of most C stack overflows as per
your previous example.  If you would like to check it out and confirm
that it works for you, that would be great.  Recall that C stack
overflows in the middle of a GC mark are absolutely terminal as far as
I can see -- other user infinite recursions can be safely caught,
however.

We may also consider backporting the large C stack depth from 2.7.0 if
desired.

Now that mingw is in shape,  I'm just tending to a few loose ends for
2.6.8 and hope to get it out relatively soon.  Needless to say, any
general testing is most appreciated.  The only other item I'd really
like to get in is mac intel support.

Take care,