gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: setf symbol-function bug ?

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: setf symbol-function bug ?
Date: 12 Nov 2006 15:09:02 -0500

Greetings, and thanks!

Robert Boyer <address@hidden> writes:

> It is probably a bug in GCL 2.7.0, in 'setf', that

Agreed, the form below should throw an error:

>   (setf (symbol-function 'foo) '(lambda (x) x))

what you want here is

(setf (symbol-function 'foo) (lambda (x) x))  -- is this acceptable?
functions are not lists anymore in ansi, hence
function-lambda-expression.  I'll try to plug the above hole in fset.

I had not planned on backward compatibility in this particular regard
-- is that necessary in the cltl1 image?

Would anyone at your site feel comfortable if cvs write access were
granted for the sole purpose of adding ansi-tests illustrating such
bugs to the suite?  This is the easiest way to make sure that fixed
bugs are not reintroduced later.

Take care,