gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2
Date: 01 Nov 2006 09:46:57 -0500

Greetings, and thanks so much!

"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm,
>
> On Tuesday, October 31, 2006 8:43 AM you wrote:
> >
> > Greetings, and thanks!  OK, please try it now, I think it should be
> > fixed.  Please let me know if problems persist.
> >

> I have rebuilt gcl and restarted the build of Axiom from scratch.
>
> Ooops! Looks like the problem has shifted to another symbol. :-(

> Compiling
> /home/users/b/bi/billpage/osx/axiom.build-improvements/obj/powerpc-app
> le-darwin6.8/interp/g-util.lsp.
> ...skipping...
> Error: Undefined symbol "_sqrt"
> Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
> Error signalled by LOAD.
> Broken at BUILD-INTERPSYS.  Type :H for Help.
> BOOT>>make[2]: ***
> [/home/users/b/bi/billpage/osx/axiom.build-improvements/build
> /powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/bin/interpsys] Error 255
> make[1]: *** [interp/stamp] Error 2
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> ppc-osx3:~/osx/axiom.build-improvements $

Sigh.  As usual, I cannot reproduce on the mac to which I have
access.  I'm assuming you see the same issue with

(defun foo (x) (declare (long-float x)) (the long-float (sqrt x)))
(compile 'foo)

Am also assuming that the read-byte test I posted earlier now passes.

In any case, would you please mind stepping through gdb again to the
same place?  It should be obvious what is going on.  The idea is that
the MY_PLT list in plt.h should have one _ stripped, and that the
string passed to my_plt should do the strip in the stn() C macro right
before the (second) call to bsearch.

I'll be leaving town tomorrow afternoon until Sunday, but would be
happy to fix this quickly today if possible.

Take care,