gcl-devel

Re: [Maxima] [Gcl-devel] Re: A bug in maxima-5.10.0.a

From: Robert Dodier
Subject: Re: [Maxima] [Gcl-devel] Re: A bug in maxima-5.10.0.a
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:28:36 -0600

Camm,

I take it maxima redefines toplevel or equivalent -- then why not call
(get-temp-dir) in the redefined version?

I must be missing something here. I really don't see how Maxima,
or any random user program, can take on the responsibility to
initialize its Lisp implementation.

Everyone is area of *top-level-hook*, yes?  The way it appears to me
at the moment, get-temp-dir would be properly invoked were the maxima
toplevel to be invoked via this hook.

It appears that *top-level-hook* is GCL-specific (it doesn't appear in CLHS)
but if we can resolve this problem by arranging to be called
via *top-level-hook*, that would be better than calling (get-temp-dir) directly.

All the best
Robert