gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Intended behavior of si::newline

From: Robert Dodier
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Intended behavior of si::newline
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:55:07 -0600

Hello,

What is the intended behavior of si::newline ?
I can't find any documentation about it.

I am seeing the following in Maxima 5.9.3.99rc2 built w/ GCL 2.6.7.
If there is trailing whitespace following an input expression,
the next input prompt is not printed. Maxima appears to be
waiting for si:newline to return at that point. Sorry, this is
pretty vague because I can't tell exactly what's happening.

Any information about si::newline will be appreciated.

Robert Dodier