gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Stuck in an interrupt after :q

From: Jared Davis
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Stuck in an interrupt after :q
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:41:30 -0500

Hi,

I've been having some trouble with getting stuck in the "console interrupt" loop in GCL.

Basically, after I interrupt GCL with ^C, it will not let me leave the break loop when I type :q. Here is a more detailed explanation:

$ gcl
GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  2.6.7 CLtL1    Jul 20 2006 11:31:05
Source License: LGPL(gcl,gmp), GPL(unexec,bfd)
Binary License:  GPL due to GPL'ed components: (BFD UNEXEC)
Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible license
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.

;; At this point, I'm going to hit Control+C to send an interrupt.

Error: Console interrupt.
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by READ.
Broken at SYSTEM:TERMINAL-INTERRUPT.

;; Now what I want to do is type :q to get out of here.  But it won't
;; work, instead you'll see the following error:

:q

Error: The tag (NIL) is undefined.
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by SYSTEM::BREAK-CALL.
Backtrace: system:universal-error-handler > system::break-call >
SYSTEM::BREAK-QUIT

Broken at SYSTEM:TERMINAL-INTERRUPT.

;; And again I'm back at the break loop and can't get out.  The only way to
;; exit this loop seems to be (quit).

This happens to me with the copy of GCL obtained by "apt-get install gcl" on my Ubuntu system. It also happens when I compile GCL using "apt-get source gcl", which includes Ubuntu's patches.

I don't know if it's a problem with their patches or not. When I try to download the GCL tarball from the web site and compile it myself, I get the following message during ./configure:

checking for gawk... gawk
checking system version (for dynamic loading)... checking for makeinfo...
makeinfo
./configure: line 2412: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./configure: line 2412: `    case "`(uname -sr) 2>/dev/null`" in'

So, I haven't gone past that.

Any ideas as to how to debug this? It's pretty hard to use ACL2 because of it. I'd be happy to try any suggestions, or I could set you up an SSH account on the machine if it would be easier to bypass me and get your hands directly on the system.

Thanks,
   Jared

--
Jared Davis <address@hidden>