gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: LAMBDA-PARAMETERS-LIMIT, fyi

From: Robert Dodier
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: LAMBDA-PARAMETERS-LIMIT, fyi
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 12:14:24 -0600

Hello, sorry for the late reply. I don't know if this topic has gone anywhere
in the meantime. Anyway here is my $0.02.

On 16 May 2006 17:48:24 -0400, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
Greetings!  Is this a problem?

Take care,

Robert Boyer <address@hidden> writes:

> Some other values of                                LAMBDA-PARAMETERS-LIMIT
>
> Armed Bear Common Lisp 0.0.8                        50
> GCL 2.7.0 ANSI                                      64
> Clisp (c) Sam Steingold, Bruno Haible 2001-2005     4096
> Allegro 7.0                                         16384
> SBCL 0.9.8                                          536870911

I would like to see the maxima number of arguments be made
as large as possible. It is common enough in math stuff to want
to apply some operation to a long list of arguments.

For what it's worth,
Robert Dodier