gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: P.S. address@hidden: Re: random mumblings]

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: P.S. address@hidden: Re: random mumblings]
Date: 29 Jun 2006 11:51:52 -0400

Greetings!  One quick idea here is to do one build, dump the gcl
inferred proclaims as is given the command I posted earlier or
equivalent, then load it at the beginning of a rebuild.  This is
essentially the same as the two pass .fn file based mechanism
Dr. Schelter put in place -- all we are trying to do now is to do the
same in one pass and automatically without user intervention.

P.S.  Looks like all or most of Matt's arg mismatches ran afoul of
GCL's limit of 10 proclaimed arg types.  This is to fit in the alloted
number of bits in the sfun C struct.

In general, there is quite a confusion in GCL between a variables type
and its 'kind' or C storage type.  In principle, we should be able to
proagate the full type entirely apart from the kind, but in practice,
there are many places where the code assumes that anything of type
fixnum is also stored as a fixnum.  More work ....

Take care,