gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Thanks yet again.

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Thanks yet again.
Date: 22 Jun 2006 21:03:57 -0400

Greetings!

There are a series of configure commands describing the search results
for the xgcl build dependencies, followed by a reult indicating
whether or not xgcl can be compiled.  The minuum set of dependencies,
in terms of Debian package names, are libxmu-dev and libxaw6-dev.
These in turn automatically bring in libx11-dev libxt-dev libxext-dev,
libxutil-dev, and maybe some others.

You can try configure switches if your libraries are in non-stndard
locations, but the best way for any program is to set the environment
variables C_INCLUDE_PATH, LIBRARY_PATH, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
accordingly (for headers, .a or .so linking libs, .so.x.y dynamic libs
respectively.)

Harper has the dependencies if you want to check it out there.  But in
cvs head (as opposed to 2.6.8pre), there is an oddity in which mouse
drags leave traces on the window.

Adds 200-400 pages to the image heap linking in as opposed to
autoloading.  or less than 10%.  Hope this is not a problem.

Take care,