gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: very strange transcript

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: very strange transcript
Date: 07 Jun 2006 11:46:42 -0400

Greetings, and thanks for the example!

This is a (harmless?) temporary overkill to ensure that the hash table
and the proclaims are in sync.  If we lose the proclaims, or even if
not, this can surely be simplified.

I've checked this, and only your functions (i.e. no gcl functions) are
recompiled.  The whole hash table is proclaimed, however, in
do-recompile.  Also in add-hash, and t1defun.  I think the single
instance in add-hash would be sufficient, but his has not yet been
tested.

(defun do-recompile (&optional (pn "/tmp/recompile.lsp" pnp))
  (unless (or *disable-recompile* (= 0 (length *needs-recompile*)))
    (let ((*disable-recompile* t))
      (clrhash *ach*)
      (setq *needs-recompile*
            (sort *needs-recompile* ;FIXME
                  (lambda (x y)
                    (member (car x) (all-callees (car y) nil)))))
-->      (maphash (lambda (x y) (when (call-sig y) (proclaim `(ftype (function
,@(call-sig y)) ,x)))) *call-hash-table*)

Take care,