gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] some questions about clines and defentry

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: [Gcl-devel] some questions about clines and defentry
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:40:14 +0200

Hi,

If I create an empty array with for example:

(make-array 0 :element-type 'long-float :static t)
or
(make-array 0 :element-type '(signed-byte 32) :static t)

Do their internal C structures contain the 'lfa.lfa_self' or
'fixa.fixa_self' member ? More precisely, I write an interface to
C/Fortran programs (with defentry and clines) but in these programs some
array are sometimes not referenced. So I'm wondering if I can use an
empty array in these cases. The C code (clines) has to contain
'lfa.lfa_self' or 'fixa.fixa_self' since these arrays can be referenced
(that depends on the function arguments).

Another question, what is the internal structure of long-float and
(signed-byte 32) ? Is it possible to pass to a fortran routine pointer
to their data or do I have to use an array ?.

Last question, from the documentation of defentry I should declare any
variables and functions to be static (in order for C code to be loaded
in by `load') but in my code 'info' is not static, so do I have to
declare  info as static ("static info = 0") ? Here is a sample of my
code:

(clines "
static int my_wrapper(int n, double test)
{
int info = 0;
// call to my Fortran function
my_function(&n, &test, &info);