gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] empty float or signed-byte arrays and their internal C struc

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: [Gcl-devel] empty float or signed-byte arrays and their internal C structures
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 17:49:05 +0200

Hi,

If I create an empty array with for example:

(make-array 0 :element-type 'long-float :static t)
or
(make-array 0 :element-type '(signed-byte 32) :static t)

Do their internal C structures contain the 'lfa.lfa_self' or
'fixa.fixa_self' member ?

More precisely, I write an interface to C/Fortran programs (with
defentry and clines) but in these programs some array are sometimes not
referenced. So I'm wondering if I can use an empty array in these cases.
The C code (clines) has to contain '->lfa.lfa_self' or 'fixa.fixa_self'
since these arrays can be referenced (that depends on the function
arguments).

Cheers,

Greg