gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Items in the mod directory using packages and the FFI

From: Luís Oliveira
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Items in the mod directory using packages and the FFI
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:44:56 +0100

Hello,

"Mike Thomas" <address@hidden> writes:
> Incidentally, I think that we should seriously consider supporting CFFI in
> 2.7.0 if we can find the resources - it will open up some interesting
> packages for GCL users, notably a wxWidgets binding which has already been
> ported to other CL implementations.

I started such a port back in August but gave up at some point when GCL
wouldn't compile the portable bits of CFFI. I do not know if GCL can
compile them atm.

You can see what I came up with here:
http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/darcs/cffi/src/cffi-gcl.lisp

It suffered some bitrot and my approach to this port might have not been
the best since I'm not familiar with GCL.

Anyway, any GCL user/developer is most welcomed to pick the port up and
update it. We'll be happy to answer any questions in the cffi-devel
mailing list that might come up in that process.

--
Luís Oliveira
luismbo (@) gmail (.) com