gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: subtypep

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: subtypep
Date: 07 Mar 2006 20:35:36 -0500

Greetings!

Henry Baker <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm:
>
> Which parts of subtypep did you implement?  Did you implement all
> of the stuff re number ranges?

I think we did all of it, at least all the major kingdoms you
outlined.  We are missing 'values come to think of it.  All the number
ranges should be fully implemented, both real and complex. arrays,
cons, singleton, structure, and classes too.  There is some support
for partially unknown type processing, such as

(subtypep `(and cons (satisfies foo)) 'list)

The compounding is done via a little generic boolean sigma algebra
code.  You can check out lsp/gcl_predlib.lsp and
ansi-tests/subtypep*.lsp in the cvs head version (2.7.0).  I'm sure
thinks can be further improved, but I'm quite pleased at the
robustness in generic compiler use, especially as measured by the
survival rates in Paul Dietz' random compiler torture tester.

Take care,