gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] branch cut fixup for atanh(bfloat(x))

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] branch cut fixup for atanh(bfloat(x))
Date: 01 Mar 2006 15:28:19 -0500

Greetings!

Just a quick update on an older related manner.

In gcl 2.7.0 (unreleased), I've recently found it useful to support
constants (in the 'si package) for +inf, -inf and nan.  These are
actually used as proxies for unbounded real type probing of functions
and type propagation in the compiler to good effect.  In so doing, I
discovered si::*print-nans*, which when set to t makes these
printable.  I've also provided #'si::isfinite.  So far no reading, nor
signed zero, but some convention (as long as it doesn't break ansi)
seems straightforward and even backportable to 2.6 conceivably, as
2.7. is not ready yet.

Take care,