gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Windows test installers CVS HEAD and 2.6.8pre

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Windows test installers CVS HEAD and 2.6.8pre
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 01:02:33 +0300

Mike Thomas writes:

Hi Mike!

I've put Windows test installers for GCL CVS HEAD (aka 2.7.0) and GCL
2.6.8pre here:

Thank you for great job!  I downloaded both versions and tried
to build Maxima 5.9.3 pre-release on it.

With gcl 2.7.0 build failed on rand-mt19937.lisp module.
Gcl can compile this file but unable to load it.
Looks like an issue with package naming or something
like this.

With gcl 2.6.8 build went smooth but there is still
problem with gcl-xmaxima interaction.  Any Maxima question

is x positive?

puts xmaxima in infinite loop.  I reported this problem earlier.

Both these problems are not Windows specific they exist
on Linux as well.  So as far as very _Windows_ build
is concerned everything seems to be fine.

Congratulations!  Especially for 2.7.0.

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov

      <address@hidden>