gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] 2.7.0

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] 2.7.0
Date: 14 Jan 2006 01:30:28 -0500

Greetings!

"Mike Thomas" <address@hidden> writes:

> | Greetings, and thanks!  Should be fixed now.
>
> Thanks Camm.  With that fix, HEAD now builds Maxima 5.9.2 on Windows,
> although there are a couple of test failures.

Yes, and alas there seems to be some slowness introduced into the test
suite too.  The only application work 2.7.0 has seen is in acl2 and
nqthm thanks to Bob Boyer et.al. -- the rest of my work has been
attempting a minor overhaul of the compiler and working toward
compliance with Paul's ansi suite.  I feel that it will be relatively
simple to restore and/or improve maxima and axiom performance when we
decide we are done with this process, especially as it appears that
improvment has been achieved wth acl2.  I knew it would take some
time, so I wanted to make sure we had a serviceable 2.6 for
applications to give us some breathing room.

Unfortunately, I've been quite tied up for the past few weeks, and we
are now at the point of my "mini-sabbatical".  During the next month
I'll be focusing on a writing project and will have little time for
GCL, alas.  I intend to pick things up again in mid February with some
vigor to complete the work done in the last 6 mos.

To all friends of GCL, please feel free to continue work in my
temporary absence.

Take care,