gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] HEAD and GBC on Windows.

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] HEAD and GBC on Windows.
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:09:41 +1000

Hi Camm.

| > Following your overnight advice I set base in unexnt.c to
| > DBEGIN+PAGESIZE*500 rather than DBEGIN which puts DBEGIN below the
| > DBEGIN+start
| > of the heap sufficiently to avoid that early call to GBC.
| >

| Great!
|
| > raw_pre_gcl.exe then barfs in the first find_package due to
| a problem
| > in the check_package_designator() macro.
| >

| I've seen this before too, but have forgotten the cause.  It
| is simple if memory serves.

Would you agee that the sequence below is wrong, specifically the part
where set_type_of alters the value of *(object*) obj.

The new value of 0x80090000 is above the immediate fixnum configuration
constant and so causes the later problem with find_package.

Breakpoint 3, alloc_object (t=t_string) at alloc.c:364
364             if ((obj=maybe_alloc_on_stack(tm->tm_size,t))) {
(gdb) s
370             CHECK_INTERRUPT;
(gdb) n
372             obj = tm->tm_free;
(gdb) n
373             if (obj == OBJNULL) {
(gdb) n
389             tm->tm_free = OBJ_LINK(obj);
(gdb) s
390             --(tm->tm_nfree);
(gdb) obj->c.c_cdr
Undefined command: "obj-".  Try "help".
(gdb) p obj->c.c_cdr
$1 = 0xa0170000
(gdb) p *(object *) obj
$2 = 0xa0170000
(gdb) n
391             (tm->tm_nused)++;
(gdb) n
392             set_type_of(obj,t);/*FIXME try removing this*/
(gdb) s
393             return(obj);
(gdb) p *(object *) obj
$3 = 0x80090000