gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] defining packages with "nil"

From: Jared Davis
Subject: [Gcl-devel] defining packages with "nil"
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 00:31:03 -0600

Hi,

I am just trying to make a really simple package with only a few symbols in it, but something seems to be wrong. In particular, I get the following error under GCL 2.6.7 CLtL1.

>(defpackage "TEST"
  (:use)
  (:import-from "LISP" "CAR" "CDR" "CONSP" "NIL"))

Correctable error:
Signalled by LISP:SPECIFIC-CORRECTABLE-ERROR.
If continued:
Broken at LISP:SPECIFIC-CORRECTABLE-ERROR.  Type :H for Help.

I don't really know what I'm doing, so it may be that the above is not a valid use of defpackage, but it seems to work in CMUCL. Perhaps I need to use an ANSI GCL instead of CLTL1? If I remove "NIL" from the list of symbols, things seem to work as I would expect, e.g., as below:

>(defpackage "TEST"
  (:use)
  (:import-from "LISP" "CAR" "CDR" "CONSP"))

#<"TEST" package>

>(in-package "TEST")

#<"TEST" package>

TEST>(consp 3)