gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] trying to make LISA working with GCL

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] trying to make LISA working with GCL
Date: 28 Oct 2005 00:58:36 -0400

Greetings, and thanks for your feedback!

Jacques Mequin <address@hidden> writes:

> Since I am presently very busy writing in "scheme" the high
> level internal R&D model of a new IC, my investiguations
> regarding LISA are only motivated for now by curiosity
>
> Unformely, I am searching ideas and possible solutions for my
> next year new project
>
> So far, after re-writing my own init, I have succedeed to load
> the whole LISA package

Great!  If you could post your patches, that would be very helpful.

> The "define-symbol-macro" issue was easy to transform as a
> "symbol-macro-let" since the unique involved symbol was in fact
> local to a single file
>
> I am now struggling with "print-unreadable-object"
> So, I do not know if many more issues are around

What are the issues here?

> But, as an EDA developer, rather than this "inference engine",
> I am much more likely to need things such as a "LALR" parser
>
> Compatibility of CL-YACC package is therefore a greater concern

OK, if you happen to try it under GCL and have any difficulties,
please let us know and we will see how we can help.  What would you
think of a lisp front-end to bison?

Take care,