gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: 2.7.0 looking good

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: 2.7.0 looking good
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:35:19 +0200

Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:

> BTW, the author of femlisp, a finite element package in lisp, is trying
> to port to GCL, and needs define-symbol-macro.  I cannot see how this can
> be done without going into the guts of eval, which I have managed to
> avoid thus far.  Am I overlooking something hoefully much more simple?

Thanks Camm, for putting that much emphasis on my needs:-) However, a
missing DEFINE-SYMBOL-MACRO should not be a show-stopper for me, although I
waited for your reaction first.  I think that I could recode the relevant
part relatively easily with SYMBOL-MACROLET, although the result would be
somewhat more verbose.  The new version even would be lexically "cleaner".
Since DEFINE-SYMBOL-MACRO looks difficult, I will change Femlisp to
SYMBOL-MACROLET in the next days.

Yours, Nicolas.