gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Concurrent runs of gcl

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Concurrent runs of gcl
Date: 05 Oct 2005 16:11:51 -0400

Greetings!

Mark Shields <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Camm, is it safe to run concurrent instances of gcl in the same
> directory? I've been having random
> failures using make -j n and I'm  wondering if concurrent gcl processes are
> clobbering each other's  "gazonk0"
> or whatever files.

I haven't tested make -j, but its a good idea.  gazonk clobbering
could at most happen in the pcl directory -- there should be no other
filename collision.  Even the temporary gazonk filenames are probed
before being opened, but there could be some sort of race condition.

BTW, are you using cvs HEAD or t5?  If the former, does it clear your
performance anomaly?

Take care,