gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Porting Femlisp (second trial)

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Porting Femlisp (second trial)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:41:38 +0200

Hello,

I want to try again porting my PDE application Femlisp to GCL.  At the
moment, I have the following immediate compilation problems:

1. DEFINE-SETF-EXPANDER does not exist (not that important for me).

2. (MAKE-HASH-TABLE :test 'equalp) does not work (would be nice, but maybe
I could work around this missing functionality).

3. A bug with unusual class names like "<X>":

(defclass <x> () ())
(compile nil
'(lambda ()
  (let ((a (make-instance '<x>)))
    (declare (type <x> a))
    a)))

   I guess that this should be relatively easy to fix.

I am quite sure that further problems will show up when I should get into
actually running the code.

Aside question: is anyone working on a SLIME interface for GCL?

Thank you for suggestions and comments,

Nicolas.

P.S.: I have tried also porting Femlisp to ECL, but got stuck with other
problems.  Hmmm, it looks as if the source codes of GCL and ECL have really
diverged a lot.