gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] gcl_predlib.lsp

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] gcl_predlib.lsp
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:39:55 -0500

Camm Maguire wrote:
Just a note -- if either of you very experienced lisp users might have
a few cycles to look over the new gcl_predlib.lsp and offer any
comments/suggestions/advice, this would of course be most welcome.
The code still needs commenting and a little polish -- in particular
complex and array do too mmuch work, and (member (a b)) is currently
distinct from the corresponding cons type.  The code is also quite
mutually recursive, which is the only way I could see doing it, but
may appear opaque.

I'm going to take a look at this, but haven't gotten around to it.

Are you aware there's a special-purpose random tester for SUBTYPEP?
Look in ansi-tests/random-types.lsp, specifically at test-random-types
and test-random-types3 (however, there is a near-complete lack of
documentation there, so it may not be useful).  I'm getting some
failures from the test-random-types3; I'll reduce them to test cases
and send them in this evening when I have time.

One other thing I want to do is use Waters' COVER package to see
how well the test suite is covering the parts of gcl, such as
gcl_predlib.lsp, that are written in lisp.  I'll then write tests
to cover the parts that were missed.

        Paul