gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Version_2_7_0t4

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Version_2_7_0t4
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:35:13 +1000

Hi Camm/Vadim.

| Greetings!  Happy to announce:
| Testing version: (cvs tag) Version_2_7_0t4

Congratulations Camm.

I thought I should bring you up to date on wher I am at.

I've been getting into GCL again over the past week and I'm having great
difficulty with HEAD on Windows.  I have been unable to build HEAD since
about 11 June, due to the memory configuration/garbage collection/allocation
changes at that time.

The complexity of the system has gotten out of hand from my point of view
and I am still groping at trying to understand the meaning of most of the
configuration parameters and/or how they are derived in the configure
script.

Because of limited time I will focus on this problem until it is fixed, but
I would particularly appreciate some help from you, Vadim, on this problem
as you seem to understand the memory management of GCL better than I, and
also build on Windows sometimes.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.