gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Problem compiling gcl-2.6.6

From: Jorge Daza
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Problem compiling gcl-2.6.6
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:21:19 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to build a debian package for ubuntu with gcl-2.6.6, we're
in the middle of the gcc-4.0 transition, so we're rebuilding packages.

gcl gave several errors regarding static functions that were solved,
but later in the build process, when it starts compiling .lsp files it
starts giving errors without stoping. At the end, at linking time,
there are several unresolved symbols.

The errors that the lsp compiler gives are like this:

------------------------------------->cut<-----------------------------------
Compiling gcl_defstruct.lsp.
Finished loading sys-proclaim.lisp
Finished loading ./gcl_cmpinit.lsp
Warning: DEFSTRUCT is being redefined.
Warning: not replacing s-data property
End of Pass 1.

Error: Someone tried to RETURN-FROM a TAGBODY.
Error signalled by LET.
Backtrace: gcl-top-level > if > let > setq > error-set > error-set >
progn > compile-file > loop > setq > apply > apply >
compiler::compile-file1 > let > unwind-protect > progn > let* > let >
unwind-protect > progn > when > compiler::compiler-pass2 > let >
unwind-protect > progn > let > let > unwind-protect > progn > catch >
compiler::ctop-write > do* > when > apply > apply > compiler::t3defun
> cond > compiler::analyze-regs > let > cond > let >
compiler::analyze-regs1 > let > tagbody > universal-error-handler >
let > let > cond > apply > apply > universal-error-handler >
break-level > let* > UNLESS
In file included from gcl_defstruct.c:3:
gcl_defstruct.h:3:19: warning: no newline at end of file
gcl_defstruct.c: In function 'init_gcl_defstruct':
gcl_defstruct.c:4: error: 'VV' undeclared (first use in this function)
gcl_defstruct.c:4: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
gcl_defstruct.c:4: error: for each function it appears in.)
gcl_defstruct.c:4:40: warning: no newline at end of file

Do you know why could this be happening ?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge