gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: ANSI

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: ANSI
Date: 29 Jun 2005 11:08:07 -0400

Thank you, and my apologies for the question.  I'm trying to hurry
this summer, and am using your wonderful tet suite largely as a
replacement for me having to read and parse the spec in detail
myself.  I should have known that you'd get it right, but I just had
the nagging question that this might have been designed to fit other
complying implementations.

I hope you don't mind a little more email traffic this summer as we
work on things.  I'll try to be brief.

Is it true that your suite checks the integrity of the compiled or
interpreted functions as supplied in the image, and not the result of
any compiler inlining or replacement of such functions, except in the
random tester?  I'd like to deduce from the ansi test results if
possible that I haven't messed up compiler inlining of #'member
et.al. for example.

Take care,