gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Problem installing Gcl under Windows

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Problem installing Gcl under Windows
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 10:34:21 +1000

Hi Neil.

| Hello, Mr. Thomas.

Feel free to call me Mike!

| I encountered the same problem described in this email to the gcl-devel
| mailing list, and was able to solve the problem. I examined my
| environment variables in case they might have been part of the problem.
|
| I got the installation to work by changing the definition of TEMP (and
| TMP) to a directory with a valid DOS file specification. Previously, it
| was set to "C:\Documents and Setting\etc, etc," which is what I believe
| caused the below windows installation scripts to fail.

Thanks for that useful information.

Interestingly, on my XP Professional computer TEMP and TMP have the full
Windows paths in the system/environment variable setting dialog, but under a
Windows command prompt they are short form DOS format.

Which version of Windows are you using?

In any event, I'd prefer that users didn't have to alter those environemt
variables and will look further into the issue when I find some time.

Cheers

Mike Thomas