gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Building on solaris, and maxima

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Building on solaris, and maxima
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:09:08 -0400

Camm Maguire wrote:
Greetings, and please excuse the delayed reply!

I've committed some fixes to cvs head which I believe resolves this,
though my testing showed a similar though not identical error.  I also
have a few uncommitted patches to my local tree dealing with inlining,
though I doubt these are at all relevant.   Please let me know if

As you can tell from my late response, I don't use gcl that often. I'll give CVS a try again soon.

problems persist.  There is still some stream problem with the
resulting maxima which is swallowing the tester output in some way
I've not yet tracked down.  A symbol call to batch(); works.  Perhaps
you could shed some light here?

Nothing much. I compile maxima with gcl, just like I would with clisp and cmucl. Then I run maxima-local -g -l gcl. And the error I sent previously is what happens. I don't have a chance to type anything in.

resources to check this continuously as we go.  Do you need cvs head
for some reason?

No particular reason, other than to test whatever changes I make to maxima with gcl, in case something breaks. The last time I tried gcl, it wouldn't compile at all so I thought I'd try the cvs version. It's definitely better because I can compile it and it works ok, but won't produce a working maxima.

Ray