gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: describe bug, was: Re: [Maxima] First step toward a

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: describe bug, was: Re: [Maxima] First step toward a 5.9.2 release
Date: 05 Apr 2005 19:47:44 -0400

Greetings!

Well, now that we have our own version in place, we certainly
shouldn't make life difficult for any of the ports.  My original
thinking was to offload another bit of code, and transparently capture
improvements as they are made externally.

Tre does look very interesting, expecially its memory allocation
strategy.  One caviat I had about externalizing regexp was that allocs
would then take up slow contiguous blocks, while with the inlined
version I can specify relocatable regexps and ensure that regexec does
not trigger a gc.

In general, if you feel this would cause any headaches, lets just
leave well enough alone -- I doubt anyone cares much about regexp
efficiency, yes?

Take care,