gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Building on solaris, and maxima

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Building on solaris, and maxima
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 07:43:40 -0500

I tried building gcl cvs again on solaris yesterday. Everything went smoothly, except run_process.c uses SIOCSPGRP. On Solaris, this isn't defined unless you include sys/sockio.h I just added that to run_process.c and it compiles up nicely.

It seems to work too, and when I use it to build maxima, it builds everything. However, when I run maxima, I get an error:

Error in CONDITIONS::CLCS-UNIVERSAL-ERROR-HANDLER [or a callee]: 4 is an illegal ihs index.

Fast links are on: do (use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Broken at SYSTEM:SCH-FRS-BASE.
 1 (Continue) Return to top level.
dbl:>>> dbl:>>>

This doesn't mean anything to me, but it might be useful to someone.

If you need more info, just ask.

Ray