gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.6 windows problem with maxima

From: billinghurst
Subject: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.6 windows problem with maxima
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:10:29 +1100

Don't reply to this address.  It is write-only.

I have just downloaded Version_2_6_6pre (approximately 20050116 0300 UTC),
compiled it on windows and built CVS maxima.  Maxima core dumps in the
testsuite.

The failure occurs in file rtest1.mac: the offending line is

   romberg(sin(y),y,0,%pi);

and the error message is

Maxima encountered a Lisp error:

Error in PROGN [or a callee]: Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]

I haven't built gcl on windows for a while (since a disk crash mid-year)
My system details are:
Windows XP SP1
MSYS-1.0.10
binutils-2.15.92-20040916-1