gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] system::getenv does not return MSYS en

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] system::getenv does not return MSYS environment variables
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:00:14 +1000

Hi Camm.

| Just a thought here -- ideally all this messy portability stuff
| belongs in lisp.  If there aren't already lisp functions which can be
| used for some of these system related services, I'd be happy to add
| same, and in a manner that would mimic any other system we might want
| to port to in the future.

Sounds good to me.  May I suggest that we could add extra Axiom lib object
files (if we continue to need them after the various additions we are
contemplating - socket I/O included) through a configure argument.  I
imagine it would also be relatively easy to close off the warnings from the
compiler with a new option variable in the GCL compiler package - thus
eliminating several of the patches currently applied by the Axiom build.

With these changes and those bug fixes already applied as patches we should
be failry close to what would be required for a proposed GCL 2.6.6 release.

I've lost track of which GCL CVS branch I should check in the Windows
alterations, by the way?

Cheers

Mike Thomas.