gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Building latest cvs on solaris

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Building latest cvs on solaris
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:39:55 -0500

Camm Maguire wrote:
Greetings!

Raymond Toy <address@hidden> writes:

I see.  We can obviously put in a little one-off configure magic to
toggle awk and the -p flag to nm.  But how difficult is it to build
gcl on solaris using GNU tools?  This is the environment to which I
have access when testing solaris builds.

I am using gnu tools for most things. I'm just too lazy to download and/or build gawk and binutils. I've had problems with GNU ld in the past so I tend to avoid binutils.

Are these the only two solaris issues?  What about GNU make/solaris
make?

I was going to say yes, but there is another issue. PCL won't build for an ansi build. It segfaults compiling one of the files. (I'd tell you which one, but I'll have to reconfigure and build again, because I was trying an x86 build.)

I use GNU make.

If you're interested, I can also try building with Sun C compiler at work. It's an old version, though.

Using nawk still gives some complaints, though.  The result is that

???  What are the syntax issues here?

I can't remember. Something about newlines in strings or something. I'll let you know when I rebuild.

Anyway, the only reason I'm trying is so I can use gcl with maxima to make sure I don't really mess things up. :-)

Ray