gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: 2.6.5 errata page updates

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: 2.6.5 errata page updates
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:22:16 +1000

Hi Camm.

| 3)  Any additions to the errata page are welcome.  Mike, don't you have
|     one?  We can keep track of essential items which must go into a
|     2.6.6 here in case we ever release one.  Thoughts here are most
|     welcome as well.

Putting aside updating the Windows object linker (despite pondering this
question for the past 24 hours I can't recall if that is necessary or not -
I believe not), the following change is required to make 2.6.5 work with
MinGW32 gcc 3.4.2 which seems to want to call malloc() in it's pre-main
initialisation phase.

diff -r /c/lang/source/gcl/gcl-2.6.5/o/alloc.c
/c/lang/source/gcl/gcl-2.6.5-ansi
/o/alloc.c
1487,1489d1486
< #ifdef  SET_REAL_MAXPAGE