gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: possible GCL/Windows compiler bug

From: Matt Kaufmann
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: possible GCL/Windows compiler bug
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:26:19 -0500

Hi --

Thanks very much for the quick reply!  I have some questions.

When I tried gdb on ACL2/linux saved_acl2.gcl (built with GCL 2.6.5), and
executed

  gdb linux-gcl-saved_acl2.gcl

then I got the following unfortunate result (where I edited out the pathname):

  GNU gdb 5.3
  This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
  (gdb) b fasload
  Function "fasload" not defined.
  (gdb) r
  Starting program: .../linux-gcl-saved_acl2.gcl
  (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging
symbols found)...
  0x400c5d45 in memset () from /lib/libc.so.6
  (gdb)

Is it necessary to build ACL2 with some special settings somehow in order to
get debug info?

In 4), how do you submit a Lisp LOAD command inside gdb?  Also, in 2), how do
we arrange that r will run the particular commands that triggered the break?

General issue:  Recall that when we re-compile the match-clause function, the
error goes away.  Doesn't that suggest that your approach won't trigger the
error in 8)?

Thanks --
-- Matt