gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: time on Mac

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: time on Mac
Date: 07 Sep 2004 12:20:11 -0400

Greetings, and thanks again, Aurelien!

Actually, get-internal-run-time is a wrapper around *times*, not time,
which has the advantage of separating out user, system, and child
times.  I think this is important, especially as running gcc in gcl
can be such a significant portion of actual time in many
circumstances.  Such a separation is not possible, with gettimeofday,
right?  If not, I'd suggest we just get the HZ conversion right,
otherwise I have no problem with synchronizing on gettimeofday.

Take care,