gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] New GMP configuration avoidance and generalcommunication

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] New GMP configuration avoidance and generalcommunication notes
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:02:33 +1000

Hi Camm.

| > 2. Automating the setting of C stack size and related items.
| This has been
| > working well for almost a month now with the default stack size, but I'm
| > stuck on how to pass the configurable stack size (CSSIZE) into the
| > configure.in test for the C Stack address (CSTACK_ADDRESS) - the final
| > connection.
|
| Wondering whether configure can read an rusage limit component on Mingw...

No, and as far as I can tell, the only way to determine the start of the C
stack is by checking the location of a local variable at runtime.  I was
hoping to do that at configuration time to speed up NULL_OR_ON_CSTACK but
I'm starting to think that is not necessarily a major optimisation, so maybe
I'll just leave it as it is currently and just retain the configuration of
the actual size of the C stack.

| > I am also curious as to the state of your 2.7.0 planning.
| >

| Have obviously been a bit delayed in putting together this message --
| will try to soon.

Don't hurry - I think we may all have other things to do presently, and I
was merely indulging my curiousity.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.