gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: A possible bug in GCL ANSI-TESTS

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: A possible bug in GCL ANSI-TESTS
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 06:57:26 -0500

Yuji Minejima wrote:
Hi,

I think I've found a bug in ANSI testsuite which is distributed with GNU Common Lisp 2.6.5.

In loop.11.8,
(deftest loop.11.8
  (loop repeat 3 for i in '(a b c d e) collect i)
  (a b c))
I think this loop form is invalid.
According to the standard's loop description, a repeat-clause is a main-clause, wheareas a for-as-clause is a variable-clause and the standard's BNF form indicates all variable-clauses should come before main-clauses.

So I think a proper substitution would be
(loop for i in '(a b c d e) repeat 3 collect i)

I believe you're right, so I'lll remove the test.

Thanks!

        Paul