gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: SGC/SAVE-SYSTEM Bug in Apple MacIntosh Version of GCL, M

From: Aurelien Chanudet
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: SGC/SAVE-SYSTEM Bug in Apple MacIntosh Version of GCL, MacOS 10.3.4
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:55:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Bob and Warren,

And thanks for this report. I'll try to look at this
next week-end.

> Then start
>
>    chmod +x foo

Is this necessary ?

> One gets the error message:
>
>    Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not
> access memory.

[ Hmm, I fear things might be more complicated than
that. This first EXC_BAD_ACCESS you're running into
when running your saved system in gdb is due to a bug
in Darwin's gdb, not in gcl. Indeed, Darwin's gdb
still does not know how to pass such segmentation
faults to the underlying Unix signal handler (provided
there's one, which is the case in gdb). See Darwin's
developer mailing list archive for more on this issue.
gdb simply hangs when stratified segfaults occur,
which makes SGC debugging a real pain. Anyway, thanks
for your valuable report. ]

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour
dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis. A télécharger gratuitement sur
http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com