gcl-devel

RE: FW: [Gcl-devel] Floating-point performance of GCL? Bug?

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: FW: [Gcl-devel] Floating-point performance of GCL? Bug?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:55:11 +1000

Hi again.

I am not an expert on this stuff by far, but here is some more information
which may be of use:

| I have proceeded a little further by setting the pathname to be
| an ordinary
| string.  Unfortunately, now MK:OOS yields an error:
|
| >(mk:oos 'femlisp 'compile :minimal-load t :verbose t
| :compile-during-load t)
|
| Error: MAKE::IGNORE-ERRORS is invalid as a function.
|
| I thought that defsystem would work with GCL.  Is this wrong?  At least,
| #+GCL appears in the file defsystem.lisp...

That file I sent in my other email avoids use of ignore-errors for GCL in
one spot but not in another - it may be that you can likewise ignore
ignore-errors in the second location.

The Maxima build is invoked with this:

(load "../lisp-utils/defsystem.lisp")
(funcall (intern "OPERATE-ON-SYSTEM" :mk) "maxima" :compile :verbose t))

so it seems to be using a different method of starting the build to you (Who
would know why - I certainly don't?)

I've attached the Maxima system definition file to this email in case it is
also of assistance to you.

Cheers

Mike Thomas