gcl-devel

RE: FW: [Gcl-devel] Floating-point performance of GCL? Bug?

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: FW: [Gcl-devel] Floating-point performance of GCL? Bug?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:49:44 +1000

Hi Nicolas.

Thanks for proceeding with your port to GCL.  Elaborating a little further
on What Dennis said:

| Now I get stopped with
|
| (let ((directory (pathname-directory *femlisp-pathname*)))
|   (setf (logical-pathname-translations "FEMLISP")
|       `(("**;*.*.*"
|          ,(make-pathname :directory `(,@directory :wild-inferiors)
|                          :name :wild :type :wild :version :wild)))))
|
| because the function LOGICAL-PATHNAME-TRANSLATIONS is not defined.  Is
| there a substitute for this function or should I wait for gcl-2.7.0?

I just checked and, as Dennis implied, this function is not present in 2.6.3
but it is in 2.7.0 (CVS HEAD).

However over the weekend HEAD got a large bunch of new work from Michael K.
which has yet to be bedded down.  I just found a bug in make-pathname which
has yet to be fixed - there may be others.  My expectation is that this work
will go a long way towards helping you out when it is a little more settled.

It's up to you whether you choose to forge ahead with 2.6.3 or switch to
HEAD, but one thing which may help is that Maxima has a version of defsystem
which is, I believe, slightly modified from the CLOCC source and which is
known to work with GCL 2.6.3 - at least as far as Maxima uses defsystem.

I've attached that defsystem file for your convenience.

Cheers

Mike Thomas