gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Error compiling gcl-2.6.3 on Solaris 8

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Error compiling gcl-2.6.3 on Solaris 8
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:36:39 -0400

Greetings!  Your problem appears to be a mismatch in your bfd headers
and the bfd static libraries chosen at compile time.  I've seen this
in some solaris setups before.  The easiest workaround is to add the
following configure flags:

--disabls-statsysbfd --enable-locbfd

You can also do (if certain headers are available)

--disabls-statsysbfd --enable-custreloc

Please keep us posted, particularly if you track down the cause of the
original failure.

If you have further difficulties, I can place a prebuilt solaris build
on the ftp site.

Take care,